April 29, 2009

retail management


At the present state of economy, I can't help but sometimes get worried that I might lose my job or get concerned that I may not have enough savings to get us through the difficult times ahead. So even though I'm a work-at-home medical transcriptionist, I'm still in search for other source of income which I can do at home. Of course, I don't have that big of a capital and so my mom's friend told me about starting a retailing business selling frozen and processed meat products.

I like the idea of a retail business since I'm staying in the house and it is something where I really don't need to go out often to replenish my supplies since it can be delivered to me. I am new to this kind of business and I would like to learn so much more about it, so I've searched the internet for any information that could be helpful. One thing that struck me the most is inventory management, by which inventory means a list for goods and materials held available in stock by a business.

If I will dwell into this kind of business, I have to be very careful about excess inventory since it can chew up a lot of cash and excess inventory can end up in markdowns and lower profits. I think I need to know more about the fundamentals of business, and how I wish that I could consult reliable retail consultants and business advisors for free. They would be a big help to those who would want to become entrepreneurs wherein they can help retailers grow their sales, profit and cash flow.

With the economy worsening, I'm not surprised that many are losing sleep because of personal finances and job fears. It's not bad that we become concerned over the economy and jobs, but if all of us channel our energy and worries to think of ways that we can increase our productivity, we wouldn't so much worry about where we are right now and we can definitely have more than enough for the rainy days.

 

No comments: