June 11, 2009

Thursday Thirteen - Weddings


June is upon us once again and that means it is wedding season. Historically, some married in the month of June to honor Juno, the roman goddess of marriage. Brides in the 15th century chose to marry in June because it coincided with their "annual bath." Centuries later, June has remained the most popular month to wed. I am not a June bride, but in celebration of the season, I have listed 13 memorable moments from my wedding.

1. My wedding gown. I was not expecting that it would turn out to be so beautiful and I felt I was the most beautiful woman on my wedding day. ; )



2. Our first dance as a married couple. There were no words to describe how I felt.


3. The ceremony. It was sweet and solemn.




4. All of our friends were there with us to celebrate and we all had fun during the reception.



5. I remember my mother-in-law crying because she misses my father-in-law who died a year before our wedding, but also she had tears because of happiness.


6. Our post-ceremony pictorial. Hubby and I had fun goofing around.




7. Halo-Halo Bar. Halo-Halo is a popular Filipino dessert that is a mixture of of shaved ice and milk to which are added various boiled sweet beans and fruits, and served cold in a tall glass or bowl.




8. Games during the reception. Almost everyone participated and had fun.


9. Our wedding was well attended by friends and relatives. We had 200 seats reserved and 192 came!





10. My shoes. I got this from a sale. ; )







11. The church where we got married. When we first saw this church for the first time, we know we wanted to get married here.







12. DIY stuff. We had a lot of DIYs - missalettes, guest sheets, and these matches.












13. My grand entrance to the church. Everything seems dreamy and I was just focused on the wonderful man waiting for me at the altar.








For more of Thursday Thirteen, click here.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

You made a beautiful bride. How wonderful to have such special memories I wish you miles of smiles in the years to come.
Happy T13!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Absolutely gorgeous dress! What beautiful memories you have!

Americanising Desi said...

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful my dear :)
thanks for guiding me into this space... i wish i could b as beautiful a bride as you :)

hugs

p.s. thanks for the visit!

JO said...

beautiful! I just love weddings!

Here's mine

Dana Telecom said...

Happy bride that i can tell from the picture.

Susan Demeter said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing these wonderful memories with us :) Happy belated TT and thank you for the visit :)

Tracey said...

Great pictures! Love the dress, shoes and beautiful church!

Hazel said...

beautiful wedding! i soooo enjoyed looking at your photos.

Mercy's Maid said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for stopping by my 13!

Genefaith said...

soo perfect!!!Love the gown..ang BONGGA!!!, the giveaways, the halo-halo, the grand entrance, the church....isa lang ang kulang...I want to see the bride up close and personal...he..he..daya mo sis..I can't see how beautiful you are on this day...Bongga talaga ang lahat!!! pwedeng mafront page sa wedding magazine...

Our Adventures Together/
Her and History

Chris said...

wow, beautiful post.. and i love the pictures, thanks for sharing!!! :D