June 1, 2009

dream visit to Giudecca


I was in the bookstore the other day and found myself browsing travel books and one book about Venice caught my attenton, and so I started reading it. I read about Giudecca, an island in the Venetian Lagoon and is part of the sestiere of Dorsoduro. It was historically an area of large palaces with gardens. The pictures on the book showed the beautiful gardens with luscious greenery and beautiful landscapes. It very much reminded me of the landscaping done by a Cumming Landscaper, who has the professional experience and expertise that evolves a property into a thing of beauty.

Although the island of Giudecca became an industrial area in the early 20th century, it is now once more regarded as an exclusive residential area. La Giudecca offers many points of interest, which are worth the visit. Quietness is part of its beauty and here you can enjoy some relaxation, especially after a visit to the crowded St. Mark's.

It also provides fine views of Venice itself when you stroll along the waterfront. The waterfront is lined with restaurants, cafes and art galleries and unlike other places of busy streets and vehicles, life in Giudecca Island almost happen on water. Getting around is best done on foot or by boat. Reading about it transcends me into a place I dream of visiting some day and this romantic place is definitely worth the discovery.    

 

No comments: