June 20, 2009

emerging winner


On the recently concluded Inaugural Women's World 10 Ball Championships, an unexpected winner emerged, Rubilen Amit from the Philippines. She did beat Jeanette "Black Widow" Lee after a heart-pounding race. This is a truly proud moment for the Philippines as the whole country was behind her, and the hometown favorite won.

I wonder how a woman like her got into billiards. I know how to play the sport, but I only get to practice the skills I have through the multiplayer games,8c1.net.http://www.8c1.net, which is a free online billiard game. What is actually cool about this is that I can create my own group and play with my friends worldwide in my own room.

Where ever there is a billiard table, this win by Rubilen Amit will inspire many new talents and hopefully a Filipino will once again emerge as a winner in these international billiards events.

No comments: