Header courtesy of Samulli
As a medical transcriptionist and medical transcription editor, I encounter transcripts that provide the unexpected comic relief to an otherwise routine day for me. Who says that my job is no fun?!
1. The patient is complaining of grumpy (crampy) legs...
2. Diagnosis: Grumpy feet (crampy feet). - Yeah, it's the opposite of Happy Feet ; )
3. Her previous provider had suggested that she get a lover biopsy (liver biopsy). - Oh no!
4. Otherwise we are going to have to stick him with noodles (needles) because he is going to have to go on the insulin. - Maybe the transcriptionist was hungry!
5. We are going to take him off the sugared soda and increase his olive oil (Amaryl) to 4 mg. - That would really help!
6. The disc osteophyte complex was removed in its entirety, in a piece of the old fashion (in a piecemeal fashion).
7. He complains of numbness and tingling in his right upper extremities (upper extremity).
8. Cultures were negative for orgasms (organisms). - How did they know?
9. He lives alone and cooks himself (for himself). - And that's why the patient ended up in the hospital....; )
10. The patient has pain off and on, lasting only a fracture (fraction) of a second.
11. Examination of the genitalia reveals that he is circus sized (circumcised). Wooo-hooh!
12. The patient was alert and unresponsive (responsive). - And the transcriptionist is confused.
13. The patient's voice is horse (hoarse).
For more of Thursday Thirteen, click here.