banner courtesy of samulli
I needed something to help lift me from a moment of obscurity. And so on my list for Thursday Thirteen today are quotes on kindness. These inspirational words remind me of the greater purpose of living, striving and being.
- That best portion of a good man's life; his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. - William Wordsworth
- No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
- From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life. - Arthur Ashe
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia
- Whereever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness. - Seneca
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Buddha
- You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. - Kahlil Gibran
- Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind. - Eric Hoffer
- Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?' - Martin Luther King
- If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give. - George MacDonald
- Do every act of your life as if it were your last. - Marcus Aurelius
- Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. - The Reverend Jesse Jackson
- A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. - William Arthur Ward
See more Thursday Thirteen here.