May 13, 2009

Thursday Thirteen - Quotes on Kindness

banner courtesy of samulli

I needed something to help lift me from a moment of obscurity. And so on my list for Thursday Thirteen today are quotes on kindness. These inspirational words remind me of the greater purpose of living, striving and being.
  1. That best portion of a good man's life; his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. - William Wordsworth
  2. No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
  3. From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life. - Arthur Ashe
  4. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia
  5. Whereever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness. - Seneca
  6. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Buddha
  7. You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. - Kahlil Gibran
  8. Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind. - Eric Hoffer
  9. Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?' - Martin Luther King
  10. If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give. - George MacDonald
  11. Do every act of your life as if it were your last. - Marcus Aurelius
  12. Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. - The Reverend Jesse Jackson
  13. A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. - William Arthur Ward    
See more Thursday Thirteen here.



9 comments:

Chris said...

i like number 12 the best! have a good afternoon jeng!

Living It, Loving It said...

Lovely. We all need to be reminded about the importance of kindness every once in a while. I am stealing the Buddha one for my blog. I love quotes.I have several John Locke quotes in my posts and on my page.

April Elizabeth said...

i like number 13. This is such a wonderful idea. I love your quotes.

Jen said...

Beautiful! (And so much more positive than stuff like "no good deed goes unpunished"!)

Thorne said...

I really like From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life. - Arthur Ashe.
Thanks for visiting my TT!

Daisy said...

I like those - they make me smile. :) Happy Thursday!

Thursday 13 - edition 7
101 Things About Me

jillconyers said...

what a great T13! i added a few of the quotes to my quote collection.

btw, great photos by dh!

Anonymous said...

I particularly like #6

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

I love Kahlil Gibran!