July 7, 2009

what's in a name and a lawyer


Jennifer is such a common name that actually there was a time that it was the most popular girl's name in the USA. It was supposed to be spelled that way, with a single letter F, but my mom wanted to be creative (or I guess it was the effect of anesthesia) that she specified my name with a double letter N and double letter F. Ever since I was a child, my teachers had trouble spelling it correctly and so now I have a multitude of school records and other records with my name spelled both with a single F and double F.

Although my birth certificate has the correct spelling, still on legal matters I had to present records which are consistent. We are in a middle of some family-related situation on estate settlements and I have to produce certain legal papers, so this issue with my name came up. We are just lucky that a family friend referred us to a very good family lawyer who can provide skilled, prompt and diligent representation regarding these matters. He represents cases and clients in a wide variety of family law areas and has worked with San Antonio Family-Law-Attorneys.

So far he has provided professional legal advice and has addressed all of our legal needs and we will just wait and see how it turns out. I do hope that we can navigate through these minor legal waters easily with the help of a family law attorney.


No comments: