In 1976 (the year you were born)
Gerald Ford is president of the US
The US celebrates its bicentennial, marking the 200th anniversary of its independence
The Viking II sets down on Mars' Utopia Plains
Promising, "I will never lie to you," Jimmy Carter is elected president of the United States
Israeli commandos rescue hostages from Entebbe, Uganda
The Concorde begins flights from New York to Europe
George W. Bush is arrested and fined for driving under the influence of alcohol
Cray-1, the first commercially developed supercomputer, is invented by Seymour Cray
Freddie Prinze Jr., Reese Witherspoon, Colin Farrell, 50 Cent, Fred Savage, and Shannon Elizabeth are born
Cincinnati Reds win the World Series
Pittsburgh Steelers win Superbowl X
Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup
Rocky is the top grossing film
Filming begins on George Lucas' Star Wars
The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins is published
The Eagles Their Greatest Hits compilation becomes the first album in history to be certified platinum
"Tonight's The Night" by Rod Stewart spends the most time at the top of the US chart
Charlie's Angels and The Muppet Show premiere
1. What happened in the year you were born? Take the quiz by clicking the link above.
2. Post the result of the quiz in your blog.
3. Tag 5 people who you think are born on a different year than yours.
3. It would be interesting to know the age of your blogging buddies plus of course get to know a little about history few years back.
4. Add your name on the list below. Indicating also the year you were born.
Leah (1976), Quinnie (1977), Jeng (1976) You! I'm tagging Arpi, Dea, Farah, Peachy and Mari.