November 5, 2008

getting ready for Christmas

I was browsing my cookbooks today because I was looking for recipes to use for our Christmas Eve Dinner. For many years now, I am in charge of Christmas-related stuff in our house - decorations, gifts, gift wrapping and cooking and preparing the menu for Noche Buena. I would really spend a day in the kitchen preparing everything from starters to dessert. Since our oven broke two weeks ago, I cannot choose recipes that would need baking, so I asked my hubby to buy me a new one.

I first browse through the internet for the oven that I could buy and came across a shopping search engine where I could find the specific products I am looking for. Now hubby has a specified budget for the type of oven I need and with this shopping search engine, I can narrow down my search results using the prices, brand and retailer, and even the color. The products are arranged by category and I found my way through the kitchen and dining products, and if you're a kitchen-ista like me, it's heaven on the Internet! Since I am doing my online window shopping, I also browsed for kitchen gadgets, pasta makers and pantry cabinet. I so much enjoyed browsing that I almost forgot that I was just looking for an oven. : )


No comments: