November 16, 2008

Joaqui Meets Diego


Joaqui always watches Go Diego Go! at the Nickelodeon channel and so when I found out that Diego will be here for his first live performance in Asia, I gathered all the information on where it is going to be and how we can score tickets. We decided to watch it in Trinoma because Mamu (my mother-in-law) can get the tickets for us, so that we do not have to go on too many trips to Trinoma. When we arrived, the 3:30 p.m. show was about to finish and when Joaqui saw a glimpse of Diego on stage, he got scared and shouted "No! No!" and "Go home! Car!" We were dumbfounded because he was never scared of mascots and this was Diego, one of his favorites. Everytime we would go near the activity center, he would shout and plead that we go. Since our tickets were for the 6 p.m. show, we decided to go around so that Joaqui would be distracted with other things. I was having second thoughts already because I do not want him to be traumatized by this and I was afraid that he would get scared of mascots. Fortunately, we were able to go inside the activity center and while waiting for the show to start, me and his yaya Jane told him stories about Diego. Thank goodness it worked and Joaqui watched the entire show and even clapped and danced. The show was fun and I think the kids really liked it. It was only 30 or 40 minutes long, but it was full of lively songs that kids can dance to. When I think of it, it's like buying one ticket for P500 each (1 single receipt worth P500 is one ticket) for a show that short, but when I saw how happy Joaqui was during the show, I think it was worth it. Ticket - P500, the smile on Joaqui's face - priceless.

No comments: