October 11, 2008

stop annoying me

As a work-at-home mom, it is important for me to have a few hours of quiet time when I can concentrate on my work and focus on tasks at hand, so that I can then take care of my son Joaqui. Sometimes when I was in the middle of transcribing a STAT report, I was interrupted by three phone calls which were not important at all. One was a call center agent from a credit card company offering me a new credit card, the other was a wrong number and the third was a telemarketer from a home TV shopping network. I was really annoyed because I was hurrying to finish that report as it needs to be sent immediately to the doctor.

This has happened to me quite a number of times and even though we have a caller ID, I would still want to know what to expect from a certain number so that I would know if I should answer that call or not. I hope that there is a site where people can report phone numbers and provide comments on a certain number, so that I would know beforehand if it is just a sales call, a wrong number or a telemarketer. It would be a big help especially for busy work-at-home moms like me.

No comments: