April 29, 2010

school happiness

Tomorrow will be the final day for Joaqui's Readiness Transition Camp at Lorenzo Ruiz de Manila School and we are so very proud because he adjusted quite well after three days of crying and separation anxiety. Now he is looking forward to going to school, eating snacks with his classmates, and doing activities like coloring and storytelling. He also adores his Teacher Karina and he is beaming with stories on what they did in class every time we go home from school. He used to say, "I don't want to go to school." Now he just says, "Mommy, I'm very happy in school!" We just hope that when classes begins in June, he will not have that separation anxiety anymore.

Hubby and I can't believe that Joaqui is going to school already. It's just amazing how time flies and how fast children are growing. I even said to hubby that we are blessed that I am able to work from home and that he has a flexible schedule that we are able to witness this major milestone of Joaqui. For the past two weeks, hubby and I go to school with Joaqui and we both patiently wait for 1-1/2 hours until their class ends and we all go home, or sometimes eat before going home. ; ) For me, the light in Joaqui's face when he sees us after his class is just priceless. And I really thank God how hubby is such a hands-on Dad and is always there for him to a point that he was one of the only two parents who stayed inside the classroom because Joaqui does not want to be left alone!

Tomorrow will be their sort of Awarding Ceremonies for two weeks' worth of class. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. I promise to post pictures tomorrow.



1 comment:

Chris said...

congratulations!