October 29, 2009

searching for PDFs

Abstraction is the process or result of generalization by reducing the information content of a concept or an observable phenomenon, typically to retain only information which is relevant for a particular purpose. It may sound simple, but in actuality, abstracting takes a lot of practice to be able to get a grip on it. I tried abstracting when an opportunity for an abstracting job came to me almost a year ago. It was really interesting as I love to read anything and everything under the sun. What was difficult though is reading articles in PDF formats and researching for information and keywords in PDF format is time consuming and eye straining as well.

It was during one of my research that I chanced upon a Free PDF Search website, with all their files indexed in PDF formats, which really saved me a lot of time in browsing and looking for the information I need be it manuals, books or guides. The best thing about this free PDF search is that the data base is updated regularly, and even though I am not abstracting anymore, it definitely helps me in my research as a medical transcriptionist.


No comments: