September 28, 2008

salcedo saturday market

I have heard and read a lot about the Salcedo Saturday Market but never had a chance to visit until yesterday. It's a good thing Concon mentioned it to me last Friday and since we do not have plans this weekend, I dragged my husband to Makati and brought Joaqui along. I do not frequent the markets, but I am always intrigued by these kind of markets where there are fresh produce, homemade specialties and organic herbs and vegetables. The market is open from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. and we arrived there at 11 a.m. Since it was already late and we plan on going to Avilon Zoo later that day, we just went around and bought cooked foods and had lunch in one of the tents there with chair and table setup.
There are native items, much like the ones sold under the Quiapo bridge.

This one sells siomai, siopao, cuapao, etc....looks yummy

There were lots of fruits, vegetables, herbs, and even plants.

There are a lot of stalls selling barbecues and this one is from Dela Rosa's Deli.

What we also like about Salcedo Market is their nice playground. We let Joaqui and his yaya Jane play here while we went around. Joaqui had a grand time playing on the slide.

I have noticed that there were a lot of families who go there and have their little picnic in one of the tents, from the grand parents to their children and grandchildren. It was nice seeing families get together and Jeff and I thought it was a good idea to spend Saturday mornings there when the weather is good. I would also want to visit the Legaspi Sunday Market and compare it to Salcedo ; )

No comments: