June 2, 2008

an incident at Italianni's

Last Saturday we decided to watch the pyro olympics at SM Mall of Asia and made reservations at Italianni's restaurant. I made the reservation at about 5 p.m. and was accommodated by one of the staff. I specifically inquired a table along the bridgeway to have a good view of the fireworks display. She led me to the tables and asked me to choose which table I want. I signed my name in their record book, gave my contact number and the time of our reservation. Buti na lang before I left, I asked for her name. At about 7 p.m. we came back at Italianni's and at their reservation table, I was surprised na they could not find my name in their list. I had a feeling na somebody made a mistake. Dito medyo naiinis na ko...The lady from the frontdesk asked me the name of the staff to whom I made my reservation. Hindi pa naman kami makapasok sa area nun restaurant because the security guard was asking for a reservation ticket. We saw that the manager was talking to the person responsible for my reservation. It seems na mag-add na lang sila ng table for us. Kainis! They talked to me and explained na they made a mistake. At first syempre uminit na ulo ko. I said I want the table that I reserved. I explained na they should have told me that I cannot be accommodated so I could have reserved in another restaurant. At this point, mataas na tono ng boses ko because they were giving me a table right infront of a post na malayo dun sa table na originally pina reserve ko. They were apologizing and saying it was their mistake, etc., etc. The pyro olympics was about to start and hindi pa kami nagdidinner so I asked for a different table along the bridgeway. Buti na lang may extra table pa and we had no choice but to take that table. At buti na rin lang mabait pa ko because after ko mahimasmasan, nagsorry din naman ako dun sa girl kasi nasigaw-sigawan ko sya pero kasi naman nakakainit talaga ng ulo noh. We had it all planned and were anticipating a good view of the fireworks display tapos ganun pala mangyayari. Eh okay lang sana kung ka presyo lang ng Jollibee yung food nila...ang mahal kaya! In fairness, we were supposed to have a set menu but since they made a mistake, they did let us order ala carte and we can order what we want at a price of their set menu. They also gave us a free dessert which was a New York cheesecake worth 400 pesos. Hindi naman kami nagsamantala, but our order was a little expensive...hehehe. I even told them na last time, we had a reservation at Tagaytay Highlands and this did not happen to us. Well this was a not so pleasant experience with them. Next time, I will be having second thoughts on making reservations at Italianni's or better yet, I will always re-confirm my reservations in any restaurant to make sure na they don't forget.

No comments: