February 4, 2008

Drive My Car, Lady Heart


Actually it is not MY car, but our family's car. Jeff and I were contemplating about getting a new car and as we go along the conversation, we can't help but reminisce about our old car's younger years. This is Lady Heart, a 1989 Mitsubishi Lancer EL acquired by my brother in 2004. It was his first car, and eventually when he bought a new car, he had to sell her. Dahil sa sentimental value, Jeff and I opted to buy it from him, at least we are still the owners. The name Lady Heart came from Kristine Hermosa's DJ name in the teleserye Pangako Sa 'Yo and we chose it as a pet name for the car among choices like Amor Powers, Yna or Madam Buenavista. Marami ng pinagdaanan ang pamilya namin kasama si Lady Heart...pagaayos ng papers, when we were preparing for our wedding, pamamasyal, getting me to the hospital when I was about to give birth, charity works, etc. , from good times to hard times. She even survived a ride by Ces...hehehe. It was where Joaqui first learned the word "car." It was with her that I learned to drive. If ever, letting her go would be difficult for Jeff and I. For one, never nya kaming itinirik sa gitna ng daan...yung tipong nakaka-tense na situation. We never had a flat tire with her sa gitna ng isang busy road or highway. We never had one accident with Lady Heart (knock on wood)...well, I also owe this to my husband's safe driving. She is one of the unsung heroes in our lives. Kung ikukumpara ko nga si Lady Heart sa tao, para syang isang matapat na employee. She has provided good service to all of us and if ever she decides to retire, nakakalungkot. She maybe quite old, but with a good care from my husband, she has surpassed a lot of cars her age. Our conversation of buying a new car always ends up in a hope that somehow, we could always keep her. Who knows, if she stays long enough, she might be Joaqui's first car.

No comments: