May 16, 2011

Hotdog Casserole


When we moved into our new home and I am the one who does all the cooking, I realized that planning a week's menu takes a lot of creativity and management skills. Even though I'm thankful that my son likes to eat Sinigang (Pork in Sour Broth), Tinola (Chicken Ginger Stew) and Nilaga (Boiled Beef and Vegetabales), I make it a point to add variety in our menu. I was browsing the Del Monte Kitchenomics website when I stumbled upon this dish and tried it. It's a very good way to spruce up hotdogs and make it a healthy dish, plus preparation is a cinch.

Here's how to cook it:

Saute about 1/4 kg of hotdogs cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices and 1 large sliced onion. Add 1 pouch (200-g) Del Monte original style tomato sauce (or Sweet Style spaghetti sauce like what I did) and 1/2 teaspoon iodized salt. Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup canned whole corn kernels and 100 grams diagonally sliced Baguio beans.


No comments: