July 8, 2008

Pinoy Parenting Blog Carnival 5

This is my entry for PBBC 5 hosted by Guardian Angel.

Topic: What would you like your children to be when they grow up, and why?

As parents, we all have dreams for our children - we want the best for them that this world can offer. Some of us may see our children as extension of our lives that we want them to be what we are and sometimes what we had hoped to become but did not.

I dream that Joaqui would be a musician. At such a young age, he loves to sing and dance. Whenever he hears someone singing, he would watch intently. When we hear mass, we would always sit by the choir because he likes to watch them sing. He now can sing alleluia, alleluia amen. When at the mall, he would stop and watch those people singing on the videoke and would imitate them. He is sensitive to the rhythm of the sounds that he hears, be it animal sounds, musical instruments or songs. I think he would make a great musician someday.


I also dream that Joaqui would become a chef. He is such a voracious eater and is fond of eating (like his parents). When he was learning to talk, one of the first words he said was "yum, yum." Since then, when he sees food he would say "yum, yum" and sometimes if he really likes what he is eating would add "charap." I would love to see Joaqui become a chef someday and he would be so cute in a chef's uniform ; )

I could dream a million things about my son and somehow wish that all of them would come true, but in the end, as a parent I would support whatever dream he wants to pursue. I dream that my children would lead good lives. I would want them to live a full life and reach for their dreams with act of kindness and love every step of the way.

4 comments:

Angel said...

Hi,

You have a lot of wonderful dreams for your child, I wish he will be able to reach them.

However, may I request you to use my invitational post as a link to your entry, instead of my homepage? This is one of the rules of the carnival.

Thanks for joining.

darkspark said...

happy birthday dear friend.

grabe ang tagal ng bakasyon ko, and i am raring to blog again. seems like i have missed a lot. can you please help bring me back on track?

:o)

darkspark said...

all your dreams for joaqui shall be fulfilled in the most surprising of ways.

Angel said...

Hi,

Finally, the summary of PPBC 5th edition has been posted.

Thanks for joining.

http://tinyurl.com/5e67c6