April 16, 2009

our little priest

Our Joaqui is very observant. Sometimes he just watches what is going on around him and then after some time, he would imitate what he sees or hears. Since he likes going to church, he would imitate the actions of the priest during the mass. And now, he not only imitates the actions but also sings mass songs. I was surprised when I just heard him singing "Kordero ng Diyos", although not the complete song but part of it. There was also this one time when he got hold of our Sto. Nino's cross and pretended that he was a priest, which we caught on video:




I would always sing songs to him and I thought he was not really paying attention, but he was really listening because we will just hear him sing the songs like "Bahay Kubo" and "Tanging Yaman" and he would sing this in tune. I am so proud of Joaqui because he learns easily. He can identify all the pictures in his two sets of flash cards. He also now says "I love you Mommy" and sing ABC (when he is in the mood). I think his being "bibo" makes up for his slow-to-warm-up temperament because once he is warmed up, he can really put on a show. ;)


No comments: